What we do in Wales
- We provide an information service on all aspects of living successfully with Down’s syndrome and have a particular knowledge of how services operate across Wales and what support is available.
- We provide a comprehensive bespoke training service for anyone working with people with Down’s syndrome living in Wales. These are targeted across health, education, social care and voluntary sectors. Have a look at what we can offer in Training and Support in Wales.
- We regularly respond to policy consultations that affect people with Down’s syndrome and work with partner organisations across health, education, social care and voluntary sectors in order to ensure that children and adults with Down’s syndrome can lead full and rewarding lives.
- We are very keen to support families of children and adults with Down’s syndrome throughout Wales. We have a network of locally based, volunteer-led, support groups across Wales. To find out about local support in your area, please contact the Wales Office for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition to our office in Cardiff, we also have a Development Officer in North Wales, Jane McIlveen. For information about our North Wales services please contact Jane : email@example.com
From 30 April 2018 Wales will be the first of the UK nations to offer women non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) as a supplementary test.
ITV Wales This Week programme: An End to Down’s Syndrome?
- The Wales This Week programme on the recent introduction of Non Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) for Down’s syndrome in Wales provided an important and very timely opportunity for people with Down’s syndrome and their families to share their experiences of what life with Down’s syndrome is like. Read more here.
Teacher Training Materials
The Association has been commissioned by the Welsh Assembly to produce a range of new information and training materials to support newly qualified teachers and teachers accessing ongoing professional development across Wales. These will be supported by good practice examples captured on DVD and featuring mainstream schools across Wales. For further information contact Julian Hallett on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraising for Wales
- We are heavily reliant on the generosity of members of the public who support our work and fundraise on our behalf.
- We are always very pleased to hear from anyone who would like to discuss their fundraising ideas with us.
- We are extremely grateful to those who make donations, participate in our events or plan their own fundraising activity.
To have an informal chat about fundraising opportunities in Wales, please contact Julian Hallett, Manager for Wales on the details below.
Contact us today
Tel: 0333 1212 300 or 07834 987 421