The Down’s Syndrome Association is the only organisation in England, Wales and Northern Ireland focusing solely on all aspects of living successfully with Down’s syndrome. The Down’s Syndrome Association aims to create the conditions that all people with Down’s syndrome need to live full and rewarding lives.
Senior Employment Development Officer
We have an exciting new opportunity within our Employment Team, WorkFit.
WorkFit is the DSA employment initiative which bridges the gap between employers and candidates with Down’s syndrome. WorkFit aims to find the right role for the right candidate, with the right level of support for success. The project addresses a range of work opportunities, including voluntary work, work experience, supported internships and paid work.
Location: Teddington, Middlesex
35 hrs per week
This is a permanent position.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Employment Development Officer to be based at our head office in Teddington to develop and be responsible for leading an already established team and to continue to develop the project supporting people with Down’s syndrome to access the workplace within specific areas. As part of your role, you will;
- Work closely with the Employment Development Manager to develop the strategic direction of the project
- Develop partnership links with and between existing support networks
- Promote the project with local networks.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Employment Development Manager. The right candidate will have:
- A minimum of one year’s experience working with people with learning disabilities. Proven experience as a team leader or supervisor.
- An understanding of employment support for people with learning disabilities and experience within the employment field in England and Wales.
- Proven experience of working with decision makers to persuade them of the benefits of offering employment opportunities to people with Down’s syndrome.
- Proven experience of planning and managing project based work.
Informal inquiries are welcome and should be made to the Employment Development Manager, Veronica Mulenga on 0333 12 12 300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Down’s Syndrome Association, Langdon Down Centre, 2a Langdon Park, Teddington, Middx TW11 9PS
or email it to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 19th January 2018.