The Down’s Syndrome Association is the only organisation in England, Wales and Northern Ireland focusing solely on all aspects of living successfully with Down’s syndrome. The Down’s Syndrome Association aims to create the conditions that all people with Down’s syndrome need to live full and rewarding lives.
Employment Liaison Officer (Swindon and surrounding areas)
Home base covering Swindon and surrounding areas
16 hrs per week (£8,320)
This is a one year fixed term contract.
The Down’s Syndrome Association’s WorkFit programme is looking to recruit an Employment Liaison Officer for Swindon and the surrounding areas.
You will be responsible for implementing a one year plan for supporting people with Down’s syndrome to access the work place. As part of your role, you will:
- Expand and enhance employment prospects for people with Down’s syndrome
- Develop partnership links with and between existing support networks
- Promote the project with local networks throughout Swindon and the surrounding areas.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Employment Development Manager. The right candidate will have:
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities
- A good understanding of supported employment as well as experience within the employment sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop relations with and within external organisations, co-ordinate meetings, negotiate, motivate others and support colleagues
- Ability to plan and manage project based work and identify opportunities for development.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 30 April, 12pm.
Interviews: To take place on Tuesday 7 May 2019.
To apply, please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to Alison Thwaite Alison.Thwaite@downs-syndrome.org.uk.
If you have any questions and you would like an information discussion before applying, please call Alison Thwaite on 07973 612720.