The Down’s Syndrome Association is the only organisation in England, Wales and Northern Ireland focusing solely on all aspects of living successfully with Down’s syndrome. The Down’s Syndrome Association aims to create the conditions that all people with Down’s syndrome need to live full and rewarding lives.
Employment Development Officer (London and surrounding areas)
Location: National office, Teddington
35 hrs per week
This post is for a one year fixed term contract. An extension to the term of the contract is dependent on funding.
We have an exciting opportunity within our WorkFit programme. WorkFit is the DSA’s employment initiative which bridges the gap between employers and candidates with Down’s syndrome. WorkFit aims to find the right role for the right candidate, with the right level of support for success. The project addresses the range of work opportunities, including paid work, voluntary work, work experience placements and supported internships.
We are looking for an experienced Employment Development Officer to be based at our head office in Teddington. You will be responsible for expanding our reach in London and the surrounding areas by supporting people with Down’s syndrome to access the work place. As part of your role, you will:
- Develop and enhance employment opportunities for people with Down’s syndrome
- Develop partnership links with and between existing support networks
- Promote the project throughout London and the surrounding areas.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Employment Development Manager. The right candidate will have:
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities
- A good understanding of supported employment as well as experience within the employment sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop relationships with external organisations, co-ordinate and facilitate meetings, negotiate opportunities, deliver presentations and training, motivate others and support colleagues.
- Ability to plan and manage project based work and identify opportunities for development.
Informal inquiries are welcome and should be made to the Employment Development Manager, Alison Thwaite on 07973 612720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply send the completed application form, along with your CV and a covering letter/email, to Lesley Alabaf at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Sunday 9 December
Interviews will take place on: Wednesday, 12 December