The Down’s Syndrome Association is the only organisation in England, Wales and Northern Ireland focusing solely on all aspects of living successfully with Down’s syndrome. The Down’s Syndrome Association aims to create the conditions that all people with Down’s syndrome need to live full and rewarding lives.
DSActive Project Delivery Officer
An exciting opportunity to manage a unique project and be a part of the DSActive team.
DSActive is a programme to support more people with Down’s syndrome to be active and healthy. We are looking for a Project Deliver Officer to manage the development of a unique nutrition app specifically designed for people with Down’s syndrome.
Location: National office, Teddington
35 hours per week
The successful candidate will be on a one year contract
We are looking for an experienced Project Deliver Officer who has experience with app development, managing projects, meeting deadlines, managing their own budgets and experience supporting people with disabilities. The Project Delivery Officer will need excellent project management skills, excellent communication skills, as they will be working with external companies, a variety of stake holders and working directly with people with Down’s syndrome.
As part of your role, you will:
- Be working with an app development company to develop and launch the app, and to develop additional resources
- Work with an evaluation and monitoring company to assess the success of the app, and ensure that the challenging beneficiary targets are reached
- Need to market the app in a variety of different way and through different mediums
- Run promotional events, speak at forums and conferences, and work with other organisations to ensure that people with Down’s syndrome have the necessary opportunities and support required to improve their health
The successful candidate will report directly to the DSActive Project Manager. The right candidate will have:
- Experience developing apps and working with external companies
- Experience managing projects, including meeting deadlines and managing budgets
- Will have marketing experience, including working with a variety of mediums
- Will have relevant educational qualifications
- Commitment to equality of opportunity for people with Down’s syndrome
- A flexible approach to working unsociable hours and the ability to travel across England
Closing date for applications: Friday 18 January 2019.
Interviews will take place at the Langdon Down Centre, Teddington, during the week commencing 28 January 2019.
Informal inquiries are welcome and should be made to Alex Rawle on 0333 1212 300 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply send the completed application form, along with your CV and a covering letter/email, to Lesley Alabaf at email@example.com