The Down’s Syndrome Association is the only organisation in England, Wales and Northern Ireland focusing solely on all aspects of living successfully with Down’s syndrome. The Down’s Syndrome Association aims to create the conditions that all people with Down’s syndrome need to live full and rewarding lives.
Employment Liaison Officer (Swindon and surrounding areas)
Home base covering Swindon and surrounding areas
16 hrs per week (£8,320)
This is a one year fixed term contract.
The Down’s Syndrome Association’s WorkFit programme is looking to recruit an Employment Liaison Officer for Swindon and the surrounding areas.
You will be responsible for implementing a one year plan for supporting people with Down’s syndrome to access the work place. As part of your role, you will:
- Expand and enhance employment prospects for people with Down’s syndrome
- Develop partnership links with and between existing support networks
- Promote the project with local networks throughout Swindon and the surrounding areas.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Employment Development Manager. The right candidate will have:
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities
- A good understanding of supported employment as well as experience within the employment sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop relations with and within external organisations, co-ordinate meetings, negotiate, motivate others and support colleagues
- Ability to plan and manage project based work and identify opportunities for development.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 21 July, midnight.
Interviews: To take place on Tuesday 30 July 2019.
To apply, please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to Alison Thwaite Alison.Thwaite@downs-syndrome.org.uk.
If you have any questions and you would like an information discussion before applying, please call Alison Thwaite on 07973 612720.
Social Media & Digital Content Co-ordinator
Based in our Devon office (Newton Abbot)
Full time, permanent contract
We are looking to recruit a new member of staff to our Communications Team which is based in our Devon office, at Seale-Hayne, just outside Newton Abbot.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Social Media & Digital Content Co-ordinator will work with colleagues throughout the organisation to develop and maintain our social media strategy in line with our mission. They will also seek out, create and maintain high quality digital content to promote the work of the Down’s Syndrome Association on all our digital channels.
The Social Media & Digital Content Co-ordinator’s main responsibilities will be:
- Work with your colleagues in the DSA to plan, develop, produce and maintain appropriate content.
- Ensure key messages are presented in an engaging way adhering to timescales, budgets and brand guidelines.
- Protect the reputation of the charity across digital and traditional channels.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 4 August, midnight.
To apply, please complete the application form and return to Kate Potter (email@example.com)