Unfortunately, quite a few Challenge Events have been cancelled, but that doesn’t mean you can’t challenge yourself whilst at home! We’ve compiled a list of challenges that you can take on to support the Down’s Syndrome Association (DSA). Make sure to set up an online fundraising page or print off our Sponsorship Form to keep tabs of your fundraising.
At the moment it’s not possible to get out and join in with an organised event, or even visit your local gym or leisure centre to take on a challenge. We’ve outlined some great challenges that you can do from your home below.
|Please let us know WHO you are and WHAT you’re doing so we can cheer you on and of course congratulate you when you finish. You can do this my downloading and filling out our Fundraising Form and then sending it over to the team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Just like organised events, you can set yourself one of the below challenges and ask your friends and family to sponsor your efforts.
- Treadmill — Run a 5k, 10k, half marathon or marathon. You could even take on a trek by setting the machine to different gradients? Why not do it in fancy dress?
- Static Bike—Similar to the treadmill, cycle different distances for sponsorship. Why not challenge yourself to 100 miles (like Prudential RideLondon) over a set amount of days?
- Bosu Balance Ball—How long can you balance on either side for?
- Skipping Rope — Take on 500 skips a day for 5 days?
- Hula-hoop — How long can you keep hula-hooping for? Get your friends and family to put money against their guess and we’ll send the winner a virtual certificate!
Set yourself one, some or all of the below challenges and set up a fundraising page for your family and friends to donate to. Keep them updated on your progress and share photos and videos too.
- How many star jumps can you do in a minute?
- Do the 1,000 sit up challenge, start at 10 sit ups and increase it by 10 every day. Can you keep it up and complete the challenge?
- How quickly can you do 10 press-ups?
- Take on 50 flights of stairs?
- Try and hit 50,000 steps in a day? Or try and hit 10,000 for 5 consecutive days?
- Host a dance competition with your friends and family?
|You can link all these challenges to a #Challenge50 or create your own. See more on #Challenge50 here.|
Also our friends over at Run for Charity have partnered with ‘My Race’ to offer our supporters the chance to take on a number of virtual fundraising challenges. You can find these on our special DSA page on their website. There really are some great challenges you can take on while at home! Click on the image below and find your Virtual Fundraising Challenge!