Do you need to know how to set up an online fundraising page?
The below information explains how you can set up online fundraising pages to help you with your virtual fundraising events. We have taken the direct instructions on each provider’s website and have supplied the web address for the information too.
If you have any questions about the below, please do not hesitate to get in contact with the Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the providers.
Login to your Facebook Profile. To create a fundraiser for a charitable organisation follow these steps:
1. Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
2. Click Raise Money.
3. Select Nonprofit or Charity.
4. Select a charitable organisation, choose a cover photo and fill in the
5. Click Create.
1. Go to virginmoneygiving.com
Visit the Virgin Money Giving sign-in page and enter a few simple details such as your name, address, a password and your contact preferences.
2. Select the best fundraising option for you:
Start your own fundraising challenge
Choose this option to promote your own challenge.
Change the world in honour of someone special
Choose this option to help share a challenge in memory of a loved one; we’ll ask you to enter their name and your relationship to them.
Change the world as a team
Choose this option to promote a team challenge; we’ll ask you your team name and teammates’ email addresses so we can find them on
our database. If they’re not registered with us already then you’ll need to add their names too – you’ll then be able to see a list of teammates
as you add them one by one.
3. Tell us why you’re fundraising
We’ll then direct you to your very own, brand new fundraising challenge page! Here, you’ll be able to enter a short description of what you’re doing to raise money – whether you’re joining in a big event, doing your own thing or celebrating something special – and the date or deadline you’re doing this by.
4. Select your charities
On the next page we’ll invite you to enter up to five charities for which you’re planning to fundraise. To make it easier for you, as you type, suggested charities will appear on the page. And as you select each charity they will appear under a ‘Your selected charities’ section at the bottom of the page. You’ll then be given the option to confirm if you would like us to ask your chosen charities to contact you directly with ideas for support – you’re completely in control.
5. Finalise your fundraising page
At the bottom of the page click ‘Create my page’, and that’s it – your fundraising page is now live. Congratulations, you’re now an online fundraiser!
1. Log into your account and click ‘Start Fundraising’.
2. When asked ‘Are you fundraising for a registered charity?’, select ‘Yes, continue’.
3. Search for the cause you want to support. If they’re not listed, nominate them to join and we’ll drop them an email with instructions on how to sign up.
4. Let us know whether you’re taking part in an event, celebrating an occasion, fundraising in memory or doing your own thing.
5. If you can’t see your event listed, select ‘Add your own’ at the bottom of the page and tell us a bit more about your activity.
6. Choose your web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
7. Tick ‘Yes’ if you’re running a bake sale, or selling tickets to an event, raffle or auction. Donations to your Page won’t be eligible for Gift Aid.
8. Click ‘Create your page’.
Job done! Your Fundraising Page is now set up and ready to accept donations.
JustGiving will send the money that you raise to your charity on a weekly basis.
GoFundMe have an interactive and complex way of explaining how to set up a fundraiser on their website. Please click on the links
below to find out how to set a page up.
There are also a number of smaller companies which offer this service. The above four are the ones that our fundraisers regularly use. However, if you are able to connect to the Down’s Syndrome Association on another platform that you like using to raise money then please do.
|We’ve got helpful fundraising resources on our website. You can find our original ones here and our 50th Anniversary themed ones here.|