Why support a charity?
A partnership between your company and a charity can have great benefits for business. Last year, Forresters produced a survey of 1,100 people from the UK, which reported that most consumers think businesses should support charities. When faced with a choice between two companies that offered products and services for the same price, 82 per cent said their decision would be affected by whether a company engaged with charities and its local community.
Being involved with a charity will reap the following rewards:-
- Defining the corporate identity – showing the world that you are ethical and trustworthy.
- Better public relations – sharing the stories can benefit your company on every level.
- Enhance employee relations – Participating in employer-sponsored activities allows employees the opportunity to do things they don’t otherwise have time for.
- Team building – Raising money together employees are able to partner across divisions and work in team environments outside of their direct work groups.
- Employee retention – Giving employees a chance to give back to their communities also helps to instil a sense of pride in themselves and their organisation.
- Networking opportunities –Through being part of a charity you can belong to a powerful network of like-minded business owners that you meet with regularly for a joint cause.