Join us on this FREE one-day course for staff and family-carers supporting adults with Down’s syndrome.
19 March 2018, 9.30am-4.00pm
NMC Venue, 47 Birmingham Road, West Bromwich, B70 6PY
This course is for anybody who provides services to people with Down’s syndrome in a variety of health and social care settings.
It aims to provide staff supporting adults with Down’s syndrome with up-to-date and accurate information about the condition, an overview of how adults with Down’s syndrome learn and provide practical tips on meeting an individual’s support needs.
The day will also feature sessions focused on managing health issues associated with Down’s syndrome; promoting positive mental health and strategies for improving communication.
- Rights and values needed to promote well-being
- The learning profile – helping people with Down’s syndrome to understand – getting the support right.
- Promoting positive mental health and maximising opportunities for peoples’ independence, a stronger voice and more control over their lives.
- Keeping healthy and remaining safe – managing health issues, risks and choices.
- Case studies – valuing our lives.
- Resources and where to go for more information and advice.
To book your free place email: email@example.com or for more information, call 0333 1212 300.