For New Parents : Benefits

Please click on a FAQ below to expand.

For more information, please see our families and carers section.

1. What is the Carer’s Allowance?

2. I’ve just had a child with Down’s syndrome. What benefits can I claim?

3. Does everybody with Down’s syndrome get Disability Living Allowance?

4. When should I claim Disability Living Allowance for my child?

5. Why have I been refused Disability Living Allowance for my child?

6. Can my child get the higher rate of the mobility component of DLA?

7. What will happen to my child’s benefits when they reach 16?

8. I’d love to take my family on holiday but I can’t afford it. Is there any financial help?

What's New