The DSA Health Series was first published in October 2013. It covers a range of health and medical conditions and is written for parents and carers. The authors are professionals and specialists within each field. The DSA answers questions on a range of medical conditions and the titles in this series reflect those most commonly asked about.
The series was reviewed, revised and added to in 2017/18.
Some titles in the series have been produced in conjunction with the Down Syndrome Medical Interest Group.
DSMIG was launched in 1996 and is a registered charity. It is a network of healthcare professionals – mainly doctors – from the UK and Republic of Ireland whose aim is to share and disseminate information about the medical aspects of Down syndrome and to promote interest in the specialist management of the syndrome.
All publications in the Health series are available as downloads below and can also be found throughout the website:
- Getting older
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Gastrointestinal Problems in Children
- Managing Sleep Issues in Children
- Eye Conditions in Children
- Oral Health Care for Children
- Depression in people with Down’s syndrome
- Neck Instability
- Epileptic Spasms in Children
- Puberty, adolescence and sexual health
- Cardiac disorders
- Children – Vision, eye tests and glasses
- Orthopaedic issues
- Respiratory infections
- Gastrointestinal conditions in adults
- Adults – Vision, Eye Tests and Glasses