For Families and Carers : Assessments

Down's syndrome

Adults with Down’s syndrome and their families need different levels of support to achieve the things they wish to in daily life. The first step to getting additional day-to-day support is to ask for a Social Care Assessment from the local authority.

This sections explains how to request different social care assessments in England and how to get the right level of support.

The name and type of the social care assessment varies according to the age of the person.

What's New