20-26 March 2017
People with Down’s syndrome have something to say. They want to be heard. Their opinions count.
Watch their films here:
Across the globe, people expressed themselves. You can watch people from around the world at the WDSD GLOBAL VIDEO EVENT
Eleanor Head from the UK spoke at the UN. This is her presentation:
Irene Galli, a young woman with Down’s syndrome gave a short speech to introduce the campaign film #NotSpecialNeeds created by CoorDown, Italy, together with Down Syndrome International and with the contribution of Down’s Syndrome Association (UK), Australia Down Syndrome and Fondation Lejeune in France:
You can download the pack here (either the whole pack or just the elements you want!).
The Awareness Week pack includes the following booklets, leaflets and posters:
- Listen To Me Series:
- Childhood Communication: visual resources to support communication Easy Read booklet
- 13+ Transition: resources to help students make decisions about their future Easy Read booklet
- Social Care Series:
- Adult Needs Assessments: information for adults to assist them with their Needs Assessment Easy Read booklet
- Having a Voice Series:
- About Having a Voice Easy Read booklet
- Living the Way You Want Series:
- Making Choices. Easy Read booklet
- DSActive leaflet
- WorkFit Jobseeker leaflet
- Did You Know…? poster
- National Helpline poster
- #Lotsofsocks poster
- Fundraising Materials Request form
Thank you to everyone who bought #LotsOfSocks socks!
World Down Syndrome Day.