What we do in Wales
The Down's Syndrome Association's Wales Office is the first port of call for further information on our activities and projects across Wales.
- We provide an information service on all aspects of living successfully with Down's syndrome and have a particular knowledge of how services operate across Wales and what support is available.
- We provide a comprehensive bespoke training service for professionals working with people with Down's syndrome living in Wales These are targeted across health, education, social care and voluntary sectors. To request further information or discuss your training needs. Please contact the Wales office if you have training needs in Wales.
- We regularly respond to policy consultations that affect people with Down's syndrome and work with partner organisations across health, education, social care and voluntary sectors in order to ensure that children and adults with Down's syndrome can lead full and rewarding lives.
- We support a network of volunteer, parent-led Support Groups across Wales and can put you in touch with someone local to you, should you wish.
NEW Teacher Training Materials
The Association has been commissioned by the Welsh Assembly to produce a range of new information and training materials to support newly qualified teachers and teachers accessing ongoing professional development across Wales. These will be supported by good practice examples captured on DVD and featuring mainstream schools across Wales. For further information contact Julian Hallett on
Fundraising for Wales
- We are heavily reliant on the generosity of members of the public who support our work and fundraise on our behalf.
- We are always very pleased to hear from anyone who would like to discuss their fundraising ideas with us.
- We are extremely grateful to those who make donations, participate in our events or plan their own fundraising activity.
To have an informal chat about fundraising opportunities in Wales, please contact Julian Hallett, Manager for Wales on 02920 522 511 or
Contact us today
Wales Office - 206 Whitchurch Road, Cardiff CF14 3NB
Tel: 02920 522 511 or Email: